[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Faulty result for Western Africa in AfriNIC AGMM Elections

Dabu Sifiso dabu.sifiso at yandex.com
Tue Jun 12 16:10:03 UTC 2018

Mr Adomey,

11.06.2018, 15:11, "Marcus K. G. Adomey" <madomey at hotmail.com>:
> Dear CEO,
>
> "All the votes went to the only candidate"; how can you assert that if "none of above" votes were not casted and  published?  "none of above" was simply ignored for the GC election in 2017 in clear violation of the guidelines.
> "none of the above " was ignored  where it was supposed to  be considered.
>
> Furthermore, at 1:38

https://youtu.be/HSJCRrKoOgs?t=1m35s

Sounds like he got a bit confused a bit, if we are to literally write down what he said:
"none of the above, we have no invalid on-site vote,8 none of the above online"

It does sounds like there was simply no on-site vote for none of the above.

He also calls the none of the above as invalid votes here as well which is clearly just a mistake:
https://youtu.be/HSJCRrKoOgs?t=3m05s

It doesn't sound like a big problem.

> and 12:14, NomCom Chair counted "none of above" votes as "invalid" votes for board election.

https://youtu.be/HSJCRrKoOgs?t=12m14s

That's the end of the video.
What segment are you referring to, was it the one around 3:05?

Can you explain what are your intentions behind this repeated claim that none of the above was not counted?
No one raised objections on the spot, losing candidates accepted the results, session was adjourned.

> All seems to concur to the facts that officers not on top of  affairs leading to issues.
>
> Ilegality, irrationality  and procedural failure  are  making afrinic set bad precedences.

So all the elected directors of 2017 are illegals and must be removed!
That leaves Seun Ojedeji as the only legitimate elected director and with Alan as an appointed director.