[Community-Discuss] Cotonou - CELEBRATION AFRICA IG 1998-2018

Marcus K. G. Adomey madomey at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 19 19:33:07 UTC 2018

Dear Community,

On July 6, 2018, I took part in the celebration of twentieth anniversary of Africa Internet Group. During this celebration, the pioneers of the African Internet were celebrated, the lessons learnt, and way forward were discussed.

As expected AFRINIC was distinguished as main achievement from Cotonou'98.

The event that touched me the most was when the past immediate CEO of AfriNIC, Mr. Adiel Akplogan, who happened to be the first CEO of AfriNIC, was given his special award for his tremendous work done to operationalize AfriNIC. To this effect and together, let us congratulate the pioneers of the Internet in Africa.

Impressive speakers and sponsors    http://internethistory.africa/en/

God Bless them!!! God Bless Africa!!!

Marcus