[Community-Discuss] Issue with non-AFRINIC Fellowship to Meeting -

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Thu Dec 20 16:22:38 UTC 2018

On 20 Dec 2018, at 17:14, Gregoire Ehoumi via Community-Discuss wrote:

> You suddenly discovered a bug in the system? Congrats
> But I see no bug . The normal course of proceedings follow the RSA
> then the policies and the BCP's.

when the policy that allowed afrinic space to be resold to other afrinic
members [1] went to RPD WGLC, i asked a similar question [2] on the RPD
list, since, the proposed policy would conflict with the then existing
RSA  (the précis of which went: the RSA at the time said: “return
unused space”,  but, the incoming policy said:  “nah, don’t
bother;  just turn it in for a profit instead, later”) ..

the answer that staff presented was actually the opposite of what you
wrote above.  see [3].  so, if a policy is passed through the PDP
process, that changes the terms of the RSA, then the RSA will need to be
updated.

hth,
—n.

[1] AFPUB-2016-V4-003