[Community-Discuss] Issue with non-AFRINIC Fellowship to Meeting -

Boubakar Barry boubakarbarry at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 21:14:03 UTC 2018

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 8:56 PM Jackson Muthili <jacksonmuthi at gmail.com>
wrote:

>  On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 11:38 PM Benjamin Eshun
> <benjamin.eshun at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Jackson,
> >
> > Just a simple question.
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 11:16 AM Jackson Muthili <jacksonmuthi at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > A policy that incites or stimulates divisiveness, targeting and
> > > victimizing is very, very bad.
> >
> > How does a proposed policy that gives guidelines to AFRINIC to carry
> > out audit and review of INR that it already has the mandate to carry
> > out “very very bad”?
>
> It has produced a very unhealthy discussion climate full of name
> calling, personal attacks, racist connotation to name but a few.

Created by whom? I don't support any personal attack, not even thinking of
supporting racial ones. This has no place in this community.

However, shall we keep quite and see how Africa is ripped off its resources
just because some are shouting that this is discriminatory, etc.?

The way I see some of the contributions here is that AFRINIC staff doesn't
have the competency and integrity to carry out reviews on the use of
resources.

Resources are given out for the advancement of the Internet and for
socio-economic development in Africa. So, why oppose checks for the
custodians of the IP resources allocated to Africa to check that these are
used for the purpose they have been allocated to us?

Boubakar

For