[Community-Discuss] Questions about AfriNIC Allocations

Chevalier du Borg virtual.borg at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 08:09:24 UTC 2018

Le mar. 4 déc. 2018 à 11:26, Andrew Alston <Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com>
a écrit :

> As AFRINIC has a mandate to promote Internet growth across the continent,
> I really think it would be good to understand what their thoughts on this
> are – and no – before I get jumped on – I am not blaming AFRINIC for the
> drop – but it certainly does warrant questions being asked.

Even though your stat have been prove to be wrong. As former board member
and current operator, you should know that many small ISP in Africa do not
meet the "multi-homing" criteria. So there is natural limit to potential
number of  ASN.

I have also meet many small ISP operator who have problem getting simple
BGP with big operator. Maybe a skill problem for AFRINIC training team and
AFNOG to address?

--
Borg le Chevalier