[Community-Discuss] Questions about AfriNIC Allocations

Badru Ntege badru.ntege at nftconsult.com
Tue Dec 4 08:06:44 UTC 2018

Andrew

Ps ☺ (I’m not jumping on you)

My simplistic view is that the community has slowly disintegrated into self-interest corners and unfortunately the secretariat seems to have been driven into a corner of always defending actions that the outreach function over the last three years is not given that much priority.

“self interest”---some will choose to not contribute less they get a barrage of negative responses.------some relish in the negative responses and really don’t care.-----some use proxies to protect their identities---- and the list goes on.

I very rarely see progressive or additive content on all our discussion lists.   Most emails with content are either threatening action against volunteers or accusing secretariat and staff.

An atmosphere like that can never be progressive.

Human beings are not machine’s so mistakes will be done and they will have consequences but then after that life must move on.

We all must have our moment in the mirror and wonder or even ask ourselves how much positive energy vs negative energy we have contributed to the Afrinic community,

The one fact is that AfriNIC will outleave most of us.

I think we need to step back and let this organization grow, and also allow ourselves to co-exist.  We do not need to agree with each other all the time and we must accept that most times we won’t get our way.

Lets use the festive season to create a new friendly and progressive climate.

My very simplistic view.  (at times simplicity gives better results) ☺