[Community-Discuss] Community-Discuss Digest, Vol 204, Issue 1- Discriminatory remarks on the livestream of SAFNOG

Jackson Muthili jacksonmuthi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 11:57:27 UTC 2017

< text trimmed >

> Quite frankly, I dont care what language you speak - but I find it bizarre
> that we're fighting over the fact that there is no translation to a language
> that is not spoken in the area that the conference targeted.

This goes back to the basic matter of mutual respect. My observation
was that he asked a simple question "Do you have French translation"
and the answer was some arrogance about the insignificance of French.

Had the answer been a simple "Thank you for asking. We do not have
French translation at this time" , this useless email fiasco would
never have happened.

Back to the basics. Let us treat each other with kindness and respect.