[Community-Discuss] Call for Comments on a Revision to the RSA

Omo Oaiya Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net
Tue Oct 3 07:53:39 UTC 2017

> On 3 Oct 2017, at 06:59, Lu Heng <h.lu at anytimechinese.com> wrote:
>

> Those ip addresses management clause inside RSA was written by lawyers, not the community. According to bottom up process, only policy can dictate how we use IP addresses.

 It is AfriNIC that facilitates this bottom up process. It is also it responsibility to coordinate the management of INR.   Some might say this is its primary responsibility.

Until a policy gets developed by the community, the RSA is the only mechanism available for fufilling this management mandate.   Your interest in removing these clauses from the RSA is probably better served by proposing policy that makes them redundant as Dewole suggests.

-Omo