[Community-Discuss] Incident between myself and Prof. Quaynor

Lydea Akiriza akirizal at gmail.com
Mon May 29 19:43:18 UTC 2017

My two cents:

Kind regards to us all. I try to give people benefit of doubt, seeing as we
are all human, we definitely make stupid mistakes all the time!

Thing is, I attended my first AIS meeting in Tunisia, second in Botswana,
and now I should be attending this one in Kenya. I hate to say however that
I am appalled at your precedence Andrew.
For the mentioned times I have attended, you have, either as a community or
board member without question  ALWAYS had to grace the community with a
NECESSARY apology for something uncultured or uncouth you have either DONE
or SAID.

It seems to be your carry-forward trend as a community and worse as a board
member to show disrespect alongside  a disdainful show of authority and bad
language use at the meetings I have graced.

As a personal opinion, I feel that it has gone on too long! You have
'apologized' atleast twice, without consequences and that is an
uncomfortable stand for this community to take, in my
'new-community-member' opinion.
As a community we need to learn to forgive yes, but with the same measure,
learn to hold people accountable for their show of disregard for code of
conduct or anything less than the values we, as a community strive to stand
for.

Your ability to do and say things that are disdainfully disrespective in
many ways and at many levels I believe warrants for this community that you
are supposed to serve/represent to hold you accountable, and this, your
'un-apologetic apology' in my view just doesnt cut it as this isnt your
first or second time to do or say something for which you apologized your
way out of.

For lack of a better way of putting it, you being a board member and acting
in that manner leaves you completely wanting.
I should be learning from you, but I worry if I have to learn from you to
serve this community. You owe this community better, measure up and stop
making 'alcohol excuses' or respectfully bow out of service.
Whatever your greviances, learn to address them as one serving this
community, not your ego or personal interests.

My two cents.