[Community-Discuss] [rpd] Controversial anti-shutdown policy discussed at RIPE

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Sun May 21 11:11:06 UTC 2017

I'm not making these figures up. It was the only major discrepancy when
we redid the numbers and caught us by surprise (William Stucke and I).
We were not looking at numbers to support the Internet Shutdown policy
but purely for research purposes for our ICANN DNS Africa study.

Occam's razor -
/Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should
be selected./

What else do you think a reduction by almost 50% should be accounted to?
(I got that wrong, not more than 50% but actually just a little less
than 50% - apologies)

--
Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje at posix.co.za       Tel: +27.128070590  Cell: +27.826010496