[Community-Discuss] [rpd] Controversial anti-shutdown policy discussed at RIPE

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Sun May 14 15:43:23 UTC 2017

Mark

Thanks for sharing. That Cameroon example is important.

I've been following this discourse for a few days and I'm getting the feeling that no one in the community is supporting a shut down right?

Or is there among us that do support a shut down?

If we then all agree that an Internet Shutdown in any African country is unacceptable then instead of this back and forth which will lead nowhere why don't we as a community agree on how best to discourage and dialogue across Africa to ensure we don't experience the Cameroon example?

For example in a Kenya we have gotten a commitment from the Communication Authority that there will be no Internet Shutdown.

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."  ~ Aristotle

Sent from my iPad