[Community-Discuss] [rpd] Controversial anti-shutdown policy discussed at RIPE

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Fri May 12 12:54:56 UTC 2017

Hi,

Speaking for myself only.

On May 12, 2017, 11:35 AM +0200, Tutu Ngcaba <pan.afrikhan at gmail.com>, wrote:
> Only the Icann chairs is saying will support in that ripe video.

That is NOT what Steve Crocker said. He said that _if_ someone submits a proposal to have a ccTLD removed as punishment for government action, the ICANN organization will help facilitate the development of the policy, just as the organization does for any policy proposal. This does NOT indicate an endorsement of the proposal.

> But he is not aware of challenges like why internet is such reason behind like polical ones which is not technical.

Actually, I suspect he is quite aware of the challenges. I believe he was suggesting that it might be far harder and take far longer than one might naively expect for a policy proposal of this nature to even get to the point of being considered to be made into an actual policy.

Regards,
-drc
(speaking only for myself)