[Community-Discuss] My nomination for AfriNIC Board 2017 election pending acknowledgment after 15 days

Christian Bope christian.bope at unikin.ac.cd
Fri May 5 03:06:26 UTC 2017

*[Speaking as nominee for AfriNIC Board election 2017 central Africa seat4]*

Dear Nomcom Chair,

I have nominated myself for AfriNIC Board election 2017 on *21 April 2017*
respecting the process published in   http://www.afrinic.net/en/libr
ary/news/2035-afrinic-2017-board-nomination after *15 days* I have *NOT*
received any acknowledgment of my nomination from *Nomcom* neither my too
*seconder* did *NOT* received any mail from *Nomcom*.
The probability might be high that I am not the only nominee facing this
problem.

For the sake record and substantiate my concern which might be shared by
other nominees, I would like bring to your attention and members of the
community the following event.

*1.*  On *20 April 2017* I have tried to proceed [*IP: 155.69.200.X* ] with
my self-nomination as Board nominee 2017 via the link provided
https://registration.afrinic.net/events/node/3. Unfortunately the link was
not working  the problem was forwarded to *AfriNIC help-desk* and *Noncom*
[Please ref the image]

​
​
*2.* On *21 April 2017*, I have received an official apology from the
Nomcom Chair concerning the nomination link problem which was fixed.

​Furthermore, the message related to Board nomination link problem fixed
was sent to the entire community on *21 April 2017* [image].

​* 3. *After the Board link problem was fixed, I have successfully
completed on *21 April 2017 *and received the acknowledgement from the
application. [image]

​*4.* It has been *8 day* *(28 April 2017)* since I have written another
email to Nomcom asking for update or at least an acknowledgment of my
nomination, the Nomcom have promise to get back to me asp (now 8 days).
[image]

​
*5.* Today I have been waiting for *15 days* to get at least the
acknowledgement of my nomination from Nomcom.

In summary, I do understand the Nomcom will contact me and my seconders
asap since the list of the candidate should be published on *12 may 2017*.

Following all the evidence presented, considering there was technical
problem on the setting up the Board link which I have raised on *20 April
2017* and was reported fixed on *21 April 2017*,
One might understand that the reported technical Board nomination link
problem ( http://www.afrinic.net/en/library/news/2035-afrinic-2017-
board-nomination ) could be the reason of the application did not delivered
automatic acknowledge to message to the nominee after the application was
submitted.

With Best Regards,
*Christian D. Bope*