[Community-Discuss] AFRINIC Annual Financial Statements 2016

Chevalier du Borg virtual.borg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 04:11:13 UTC 2017

> 1. Should Board and staff respond to all issues, and are they obliged to
> do so?

if issue concern resources (which AFRINIC hold and manage on behalf of this
community). yes we expect reponse, even if is to point to correct link

> 2. Should Chair or CEO acknowledge all questions and routes to an
> appropriate person?

if CEO and chair have not at this time understand what each should respond
to, we have a problem.
we expect answers about operational thing to come from CEO first. of course
if CEO is not respond, the community can ask board chair intervention
if you have to cordinate with CEO behind to get and answer, do it. what is
NOT good is long period of silence to legitime question.

> 3. Chair or CEO acknowledges all posts and provides an estimated response
> time?.

will doing that help us community? or break us? is this common sense thing
to do? with reasonable timeline?
let not forget that this community has see many thing asked, ignored and
buried.

> 4. Should members explicitly address chair or CEO in discussions instead
> of "can someone respond?"

See answer to no. 2 question

> 5. Should members directly write Afrinic instead of posting urgent
> questions on the mailing lists?

on thing that concern them directly - yes
on thing that concern whole community - no

> 6. Should Afrinic policy liaison monitors the lists and brings noteworthy
> or urgent issues to the attention of the CEO as the case may be?

do we have to tell people how to do their job here?
in any case this is community discuss, not RPD
the big question: is an engage community something the company and board
want? how does that happen and where?

> 7. Should the chair always respond to all operational issues or extract
> answers from the CEO and relay?

See answer to no. 2 question

> 8. Are you addressing Chair, Board, Staff or all?
>

> It is important that I get you right. What do you suggest?

this is how an active community look like. we cannot have conversation with
ourself so please give us respect of answer when we have questions. they
must not be immediat, but at least engage.

--
Borg le Chevalier