[Community-Discuss] AFRINIC Annual Financial Statements 2016

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Sat Jun 17 08:40:58 UTC 2017

On 16 Jun 2017 10:55 p.m., "McTim" <mctimconsulting at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Badru,

To be absolutely pedantic, the dues paying Members elect the Board,
not the "Community", where the Community = fee payers+ interested
parties.

Hi McTim,

AFRINIC is Not-for-profit organisation that serves the public internet
community within Africa and all of us so called members are part of the
public internet community [1] BEFORE and AFTER becoming resource members if
you will.

For the purpose
of asking questions regarding financial matters, I believe the fee
paying folks have greater standing.

Not true for a Not-For-Profit entrusted with public resources and for the
public interest.

Regards

Noah

[1] Sending this email as an  end user using my Vodacom Internet data
bundle since am their customer. The revenue they use to pay for membership
to AFRINIC for resources so that they can serve me the end user comes from
me and a million other customers/community members. we are stakeholder
believe it.