[Community-Discuss] [AFRINIC-Announce] AFRINIC Annual Financial Statements 2016

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 07:25:08 UTC 2017

On 06/06/2017 19:19, Noah wrote:

> On 1 Jun 2017 3:40 p.m., "Sunday Folayan" <sfolayan at gmail.com
> <mailto:sfolayan at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>>     2. At 31 December 2016, trade receivables amounting to *USD
>>     39,199 in 2016* compared to *2015 : USD 26,098*, were impaired
>>     and written off during the year meaning we are not managing our
>>     collections. This situation was expected to improve but that
>>     doesn't seem to be the case.
>
>     The Fees collection situation indeed improved, but the $39,199 you
>     see, is defaults from members who went out of business. AFRINIC
>     has no control over members going out of business. It does not
>     make sense to pursue the recovery of such small amounts using the
>     legal option.
>

> Hi Chair,
>
> If the 39,199 was from members who defaulted and went out of business
> it means the resources are no longer in use by those specific members.
>
> Did we recover those resources back into Afrinic inventory for
> re-allocation/assignment?
>
> Can we please get a report on the space that was recovered as I
> couldnt find that anywhere on the AFRINIC website.
>
> Noah

Hello Noah,

The CEO is on a short vacation. As soon as he returns, I shall provide
the requested information.

Thanks.

Sunday.

Sunday Adekunle Folayan
Managing Director
General data Engineering Services (SKANNET)
16 Oshin Road, Kongi Bodija, Ibadan - Nigeria
Phone: +234 802 291 2202, +234 816 866 7523
Email: sfolayan at skannet.com.ng, sfolayan at gmail.com