[Community-Discuss] [AFRINIC-Announce] AFRINIC Annual Financial Statements 2016

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Tue Jun 6 18:19:22 UTC 2017

On 1 Jun 2017 3:40 p.m., "Sunday Folayan" <sfolayan at gmail.com> wrote:

2. At 31 December 2016, trade receivables amounting to *USD 39,199 in 2016*
compared to *2015 : USD 26,098*, were impaired and written off during the
year meaning we are not managing our collections. This situation was
expected to improve but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The Fees collection situation indeed improved, but the $39,199 you see, is
defaults from members who went out of business. AFRINIC has no control over
members going out of business. It does not make sense to pursue the
recovery of such small amounts using the legal option.

Hi Chair,

If the 39,199 was from members who defaulted and went out of business it
means the resources are no longer in use by those specific members.

Did we recover those resources back into Afrinic inventory for
re-allocation/assignment?

Can we please get a report on the space that was recovered as I couldnt
find that anywhere on the AFRINIC website.

Noah