[Community-Discuss] Questions about transparency

Chevalier du Borg virtual.borg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 12:45:13 UTC 2017

> @Chevailer
>

> On 17 Jul 2017, at 8:08 am, Chevalier du Borg <virtual.borg at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> @Andrew:
>
> I have became very suspicious of anyting that pass for "research".  Good
> research start with clear hypothesis. So far I don't see any as well as
> clear methodologie of how you will proof or disproof hypothesis.

>> So I'm curious how this will contribute to the achievement of AfriNICs
>> mission statement.
>>

> By debunk "Alternative Realities" and "Alternative Facts".  That always a
> good thing.
> True FACT might not matter to this community. But they will be useful to
> future generation reading this list
>
> As for stat: I will like to see stat that show Badru and Andrew agree on
> ANYTHING and vice versa. It just is not possible that EVERYTHING one say is
> bad or damaging or unhelpful.
>

> You need only need to look at the thread there are times when we might be
> saying the same thing but using different language.

But the kind of language you two tend to use completely kill any implied
agreement. I am yet to see one instance of constructive thing that you two
work on for the benefit of this community.

>  I also think we both agree on the importance of AfriNIC and that alone
> encompasses many aspects of how the entire bottom process works.

That apply to everyone on this list, including reason that are self-serving.

>> Or even the internet community in general.
>>
>> I would rather prefer to see your energys directed in an additive
>> activity
>>

> It will really help this community if you Badru can state 3 good thing
> Andrew has ever done for this community and vice versa.
>

> Asking for only 3 would be short changing Andrew.  I actually believe he
> has many positive aspects.

That is a non-answer. Seems like 99% of both of your communication at each
other are antagonist and hostile. As ex board members, as leader of this
community, it will help us heal and be respectful if you both show less
bitterness, and mutuelle respect.

> But I also believe we all through our contributions and continuos dialogue
> serve the community so would be wrong to try and single out individuals.

That correct, I single you two out because the big majorite of your mails
to/about each other are hostile, so much they drown any constructiveness
you may be trying to build.

> Because someone's contribution drives one to respond does not mean that
> one is against the Contributor

Ordinaryly, yes. but there must be balance in attack vs affirmation. I see
99% attack and I can not even remember affirmation.

> I want us to focus on the content of the discussion and not the author.

one thing I've learn on this list. AUTHOR matter more than content. Some
things must always be attacked by Mr Y if Mr X says them.

--
Borg le Chevalier