[Community-Discuss] "Fighting Internet Shutdown" - Any Role for AFRINIC?

Mirriam mirriamlauren at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 15 17:12:21 UTC 2017

>>On 15/04/2017, 12:14, "Alan Barrett" <alan.barrett at afrinic.net> wrote:

    >> On 14 Apr 2017, at 22:39, Andrew Alston <Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> But it raises a question – and its one I’ve been debating at length online with multiple people.
    >>
    >> AfriNIC – completely neutral technical body
    >> AfriNIC – political organisation with a technical function
    >> AfriNIC – A hybrid of both of the above?
    >>
    >> Because that impacts how we view things – and it impacts the role that the organisation should be playing.

    >> AFRINIC’s goals are stated in section 3.4 of the Bylaws <https://afrinic.net/en/about/bylaws/2001-afrinic-bylaws-     2016?start=2

    >> Alan Barrett
> On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 5:15 PM, Andrew Alston <Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com> wrote:> Hi Alan,

> Thanks – that’s actually a very useful reference – particularly if we dig into it deeper:

Hello Andrew,
I hope we are not just discovering the details of the Afrinic bylaws now, but please dig deeper into these bylaws as one of our directors at Afrinic before attempting to author policies next time as things are more complicated than you will ever imagine....
But we are on the right path as at now with this discussions......

MirriamPython Developer