[Community-Discuss] "Fighting Internet Shutdown" - Any Role for AFRINIC?

Christian Bope christian.bope at unikin.ac.cd
Thu Apr 13 12:33:02 UTC 2017

Here my draft

Dear all,

I have been following this policy discussion passionately.

I do understand the need of keeping Internet up all the time knowing it's
importance for economies, educations, developpement and other.

We should engage countries using different channels such AFGWG, AU and
other multistakeholder in our community.

What this policy is trying to solve is not in AfriNIC mandate or might
serve personal interest and other interest groups not even the people's or
Community at large.

I recall during AfriNIC meeting in Mauritius last December 2016, the same
group of people claim that the Audit Policy put the organizational at  Risk
because it will revoke ressouces if Members dit not complied. Today theu
want AfriNIC to revoke ressouces.  What will the anti - shutdown  do to the
organization?

To be honest this is not solving anything instead is putting AfriNIC at
high risk and need to be withdrawn.