[Community-Discuss] Accountability assessment - quorum

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Wed Sep 28 09:07:49 UTC 2016

I think revisiting the quorum every three or five years would work.
This should be based upon:

1 - Total number of Members
2 - Number of 'active' members (those that exercise their vote)
3 - Number of (unique) members that attend AIS
4 - Number of (unique) members that attend the year end meeting.

The number of Members at (4) is probably the smallest.
Right now - 30 for the AIS meeting period (and AGM) seems fine.
20 might be a better number with respect to the second meeting, if it
hosts an SGM where quorum is needed. I simply don't know the real numbers.

Fixed numbers are so much easier to deal with rather than percentages.