[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Accountability assessment - bylaws changes

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 06:01:10 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I do have a few comments as an individual and resource member:

1. What I understand staff is doing at the moment is trying to get the
community's views on the possible changes to the bylaw as reflected in the
document shared which I expect would have been what the committee would do
as well. I would be strongly opposed to a committee that doesn't engage the
community in a manner currently done.

2. A few number of comments has been made indicating addition of new
changes to the list presented by staff and I expect that those will be
included as well.

3. Where consensus comes in here is to determine whether a particular
modification to the bylaw should even be presented on the floor in the
first place. This stage gives opportunity for the community who don't fall
within the "registered and resource members" category to raise their views
and hopefully it would convince those who have the approval rights(as per
current bylaw) to nod.

4. At the meeting, I expect that each changes proposed would be presented
as a septate package and not as a whole. However, in other to maximise our
time at the meeting, it may be good for those that seem to have
overwhelming community view against not to be presented(i.e those without
consensus). Nevertheless, if there are some part of the community who feel
strongly to include it then i think it should be included as such inclusion
doesn't imply approval afterall

Regards
Sent from my LG G4
Kindly excuse brevity and typos