[Community-Discuss] Accountability assessment

Jackson Muthili jacksonmuthi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 10:56:03 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 1:39 PM, Andrew Alston
<Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com> wrote:

> Thanks Jackson for your permission for me to speak, its hugely appreciated.

:-)

> Anyway, I'm off to have a nice drink and worry about things that actually matter :)

On a more serious note :- yes theres freedom of speech and expression.
Let this not be freedom of abuse and mocking others.

Let us exercise good judgement and not underestimate power of words.
Words can incite immense hatred, violence, or utter and extreme peace
and harmony. Dont ridicule with anger just because someone disagrees
with you ideologically on an issue. Dont raise your voice and gesture
with anger and disgust over a trivial matter that can be solved with
simple, respectful and harmonious dialogue. However much smarter you
think you are than the individual(s) you are dialoguing with.

You see when you mock, insult and belittle someone under the guise of
freedom of expression, that person and all of his/her friends
colleagues and sympathizers might behave the same towards you. And
yours likewise. And the community will NEVER converge on issues of
mutual benefit.

Enjoy your weekend and take it easy on that nice drink ;-)