[Community-Discuss] Accountability assessment

Jackson Muthili jacksonmuthi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 10:21:01 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 12:51 PM, Andrew Alston
<Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com> wrote:
> It also worries me that people seem to restrict what OTHERS say.
>
> If Owen feels like he wishes to comment on something – he is as free to do
> so as anyone here is free to say anything.

Has anyone restricted or stopped another from expressing themselves?

> Why do you wish to censor some members of the community?  If you don’t like
> what they say – feel free to ignore it.

I agree. Just as Alan has chosen to ignore Badrus emails.

> It’s the same way it annoys me when people come to the floor in a PDP
> meeting and go “I THINK THIS DISCUSSION SHOULD END AND THIS POLICY SHOULD BE
> SCRAPPED RIGHT NOW”
>
> And “WHY ARE WE ENTERTAINING THIS POLICY IT HAS HAD NO COMMENTS SO ITS NOT
> SUPPORTED”

There you go. It annoys you. And that's why others have always let you
stand in the meeting and belittle and disparage others you dont like
or agree with. its a free world after all.

> Ignoring the process that specifically lays out a way things are supposed to
> go.
>
> Here is a big hint – don’t like something, you’re free to ignore it, or, in
> this case, free to bitch and whine about it – but honestly, whining about
> things because you don’t like what someone says without adding anything
> constructive to the debate just indicates a level of insecurity and is
> pretty boring.
>
> And well – that’s me exercising my freedom of speech and if you don’t what
> I’ve said here, you’re free to ignore it, or whine some more, not like it
> makes a difference to me.

Exactly my point. Speak up freely. You are even free to abuse the
docility of a community and belittle them as you wish. After all, you
are exercising your freedom of speech.