[Community-Discuss] Accountability assessment

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Fri Sep 16 09:51:20 UTC 2016

It also worries me that people seem to restrict what OTHERS say.

If Owen feels like he wishes to comment on something – he is as free to do so as anyone here is free to say anything.

Why do you wish to censor some members of the community?  If you don’t like what they say – feel free to ignore it.

It’s the same way it annoys me when people come to the floor in a PDP meeting and go “I THINK THIS DISCUSSION SHOULD END AND THIS POLICY SHOULD BE SCRAPPED RIGHT NOW”

And “WHY ARE WE ENTERTAINING THIS POLICY IT HAS HAD NO COMMENTS SO ITS NOT SUPPORTED”

Ignoring the process that specifically lays out a way things are supposed to go.

Here is a big hint – don’t like something, you’re free to ignore it, or, in this case, free to bitch and whine about it – but honestly, whining about things because you don’t like what someone says without adding anything constructive to the debate just indicates a level of insecurity and is pretty boring.

And well – that’s me exercising my freedom of speech and if you don’t what I’ve said here, you’re free to ignore it, or whine some more, not like it makes a difference to me.

Andrew