[Community-Discuss] IPv4 depletion in AFRINIC will speed up IPv6 adoption - myth or fact?

Omo Oaiya Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net
Fri Oct 28 08:18:46 UTC 2016

On 28 October 2016 at 08:14, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> On Oct 27, 2016, at 21:40 , Frank Habicht <geier at geier.ne.tz> wrote:
>
> On 10/28/2016 1:58 AM, Omo Oaiya wrote:
>
> Like others,  I would like to see widespread v6 adoption but we do need
> to be careful to explain the stats we provide especially for those who
> advocate to other stakeholders.
>

> route-views6.routeviews.org> sh bgp ipv6 u 2001:43f8:1d0::/48
> % Network not in table
> route-views6.routeviews.org>
>
> Frank,

Cheap shot which does not add to the discussion and is a distraction.  Get
your facts right

http://wacren.net/en/news/africaconnect2-tender-wacren-network-now-open

You should try a network that has already been built if regional RENs are
the interest - 2001:43f8:0020::/48

> Counterpoint… I do, in fact, practice what I preach. 1734 is my home:

Owen,

Your point is that you have IPv6 at home in the US?  How does that matter
to Africa or the discussion?  I am baffled.

What I'd really like you to do is respond to Honest and the data she
provided from the company you work for on IPv6 penetration vs usage.

Please also do as suggested and provide the data that supports growth in
IPv6 uptake when you deplete IPv4 (crash land) as you and Andrew have
campaigned for.

Best wishes
Omo