[Community-Discuss] Accountability assessment - PDP review?

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 09:29:34 UTC 2016

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 10:01 AM, Marcus K. G. Adomey <madomey at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Seun,
>

> You wrote,
>

> *SO: This is indeed one of the challenges that Co-Chairs have had to
> wrestle with, while the PDP indicated events that will happen before
> consensus (+rough) is observed, the actual gauging was left to the
> Co-Chairs and while it has been a difficult task, I believe the Co-Chairs
> have all made effort to uphold the principles highlighted in section 4 of
> the PDP in determining  consensus. That said, during my time as Co-Chair,
> myself and my colleagues (yeah colleagues because I welcomed at least 2
> co-chair while I was still Co-Chair) and the Policy manager did put up a
> draft consensus building document which we also presented to the community
> a couple of times. It may be good to revisit and refine that document...
> Nevertheless, I believe this may indeed be a point to consider in other to
> better assist the Co-Chairs in their voluntary work.*
>
> *Thanks for acknowledging the issues and your challenges as former
> Co-chair. *

SO: I hope you also *READ* my comment within context and i quote the
relevant sections below: "...the actual gauging was left to the Co-Chairs
and while it has been a difficult task, I believe the Co-Chairs have all
made effort to uphold the principles highlighted in section 4 of the PDP in
determining consensus..." The point is that because consensus building is
not documented, it makes some parts of the community (or a community
member) often cry foul on the decision of the Co-Chair and that is the
challenge. Perhaps, I should note that AFRINIC is not the only RIR that
doesn't have a consensus building document and while consensus building
isn't really documented within AFRINIC the Co-Chairs do make attempt to
gauge consensus(+rough)  in a manner similar to that of the IETF.
Nevertheless, due to the uniqueness of our community I think it may be a
good thing to document even though irrespective of what we finally put on
paper, we still require that the community have faith and trust in their
elected Co-Chairs as that can't be documented.

> * Can you please provide links to the document or discussion in archive?*

SO:  I do not know what the current status of the document is but here is
the url to the version on my drive which may/may not be the latest
version.:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wOQTSXAr_HzKP8jqrOYKESzyubA680JUsV57yBmfBNU/edit?usp=sharing

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*

Bringing another down does not take you up - think about your action!