[Community-Discuss] IPv6 Chapter 254

Willy MANGA mangawilly at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 21:56:07 UTC 2016

Hi Kevin,

Le 11/10/2016 à 13:16, Kevin Kamonye a écrit :
> [...]
> *Networks will move to deploy IPv6 under the following influences:*
> *a) The cost of getting IPv4 addresses becomes un-bearable (as would be if
> they have to be acquired from the Transfer market) *
>
> *b) There are no IPv4 addresses to be gotten, anywhere (even if you have
> money to buy them)*
> *c) The network's owners have this blinding insight of the obvious that the
> IPv4 game is an un-winable one and IPv6 is the only sustainable way*
> *d) Some powerful entity forces them (by mandates or by incentives) to
> deploy IPv6 (like gov't IT regulators)*

 *e) Universities (through REN ?) will realise that they can't deploy on
their networks only IPv4. It's a shame (in my humble opinion) that our
universities don't see the need of IPv6. What about their research ?
what about study of new network behavior ? protocols ? How can they rely
on this deprecated protocol ? :-\
We forget that universities are the main place of research and
innovation ...

--
Willy Manga
freenode: ongolaBoy