[Community-Discuss] Let's chat about unannounced v6 space!

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 11:24:36 UTC 2016

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 7:17 AM, Saul Stein <saul at enetworks.co.za> wrote:

> Hi Seun,
>

> >4. Why not just advertise the space? Well I can do that but I don't
> believe it make sense when I know I won't use it.
>
> I understand that you have a technical limitation currently to use it for
> your customers, but why not announce it and at least get your Mikrotik on a
> v6 address and any other infrastructure equipment that you have? That way
> when you know how to do what you need, your equipment is ready and you know
> that your upstream v6 is working.

SO: Well you have a point and I actually do have v6 running on my box (just
that its not the one assigned by AFRINIC ;-) ), its the one I got from my
broker just for my testing purposes. My broker requires some documentation
in order to advertise my actual prefix and while its not a significant
requirement I do not want to go through such paper work for now especially
since I am not using it anyway.

My intention is that once my platform supports the feature i require and if
by that time my upstream provider still doesn't provide native v6, then i
will have to go through that process. Bottom line is that there isn't
enough motivation for me to go that far for now.

Regards

That is how we started.

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*

Bringing another down does not take you up - think about your action!