[Community-Discuss] IPv6 Chapter 254

Omo Oaiya Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net
Fri Oct 14 18:25:58 UTC 2016

On 14 October 2016 at 17:34, Andrew Alston <Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com>
wrote:

> Heh,
>

> We all have our worries about Cloud Innovation – but if you’re going to
> give stats to the list – at least make them accurate.
>

> Cloud innovation according to the AfriNIC database has 2 /12s and 1 /11,
> which is 33% below what you claim in your email below.

Is it?

whois -B -h whois.afrinic.net -r -T aut-num -T inet6num -T inetnum -i og
'ORG-CIL1-AFRINIC'

> Some interesting things about this space though.  The majority of it
> (shockingly) is announced out of South Africa and visible via the South
> African internet exchanges.  **Shrug**

I wonder how correct that is if you got the numbers wrong.  The point
however was that the addresses are being depleted so the noise is not
necessary.

I'd also like to remind you that you are a board member and your commentary
is often inappropriate and unbecoming .... regardless of disclaimers.

-Omo