[Community-Discuss] Accountability assessment - quorum

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Tue Oct 4 20:04:38 UTC 2016

Sorry – But what you are saying here still does not make sense to me, and I really would like to understand your argument better.

You are saying that limiting proxies limits vote buying because someone can buy a signed piece of paper – ok – now lets look at electronic voting…

What is preventing someone from paying someone to not look at the candidates at all and log in, and say “vote for this person” – absolutely nothing – the same thing occurs.

Personally I don’t believe that there is any situation where buying votes in the context of AfriNIC would make any sense whatsoever and I just don’t see it ever happening – but if we want to be paranoid and protect against it – limiting proxies certainly won’t do that.

Andrew