[Community-Discuss] Accountability assessment - quorum

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Mon Oct 3 10:25:14 UTC 2016

Jackson,

Again, let me clarify my use of wording:

Firstly - do I believe that it is irresponsible when I believe that someone is advocating for ignoring the law.  Yes - I do, and my opinions my offend some, but I will not be limited in what I say because it may tread on toes if I believe what I am saying is the truth.

Secondly - when I use the word naïve, let's look at the definition of such:

(of a person or action) showing a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment.

Do I believe that it is unwise to advocate for ignoring the act?  Yes I do.

If my stating that I believe these things offends someone - then I apologise for offense caused.  I do not however apologise for stating them.

It is a fine line we tread - where often the truth of a matter is disputed, and in taking any position, you are quite likely to offend someone who disagrees with your position, particularly when the position you are taking is taken in an unequivocal manner.  In this case, I was unequivocal, it is my sincere and utmost believe that ignoring any text is unwise, reckless, irresponsible and shows a lack of judgement.

Again, as I stated in what I said to Mirriam, the section to which I was referring to was one specific line:

> One would expect the debate to stay at the community level and not involve the Act. The community to discuss and agree on how to manage this issue.

So - if I offended people through the choice of words - apologies.  For the sentiment behind those words - those I stand by in entirety.

Andrew