[Community-Discuss] IPv6 Usage on the Internet

Amreesh Phokeer amreesh.phokeer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 10:24:43 UTC 2016

Hi Lesedi,

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 8:31 AM, DICK, L. (MR.) <Dickl at mopipi.ub.bw> wrote:

> Morning
>
> Where can I get our IPv6 Usage on the internet? Our block is
> 2001:43f8:2a0::/48. Thank you

Willy is right, it's hard to find any usage information as this would
require that you setup a monitoring tool e.g. Zabbix
so that you can distinguish between v4 and v6 traffic.

https://stat.ripe.net/2001%3A43f8%3A2a0%3A%3A%2F48#tabId=activity

shows that you do not have any RIPE Atlas probes in your network, this
would have given you some more indication on whether the probe is IPv6
capable/reachable but still, nothing on usage.

> Regards
>
> Lesedi Luke Dick
> Networks | IT
> University of Botswana
> Tel: +267 355 4101
> Fax: +267 3901594
> Skype ID:   lesedilukedick
>
>  { Please consider the environment before printing this email  }

Amreesh Phokeer