[Community-Discuss] Limit on the number of proxies

Dewole Ajao dewole at tinitop.com
Mon Nov 14 09:17:19 UTC 2016

Perhaps we could ask from the members what the concerns are with
electronic voting that make them prefer proxies. These should be
addressed (where possible) to make e-voting more attractive to them.

While last-minute deciders may desire to keep e-voting open for a while
longer than onsite paper ballots (possibly to ensure that they place
their money on a horse that's still in the race), I don't think the
Mauritius Companies Act allows that at the moment. My (possibly
inaccurate) interpretation is that our electronic votes fall within the
provision for "postal votes" which are to be tallied at the meeting and
annexed to the minutes of the meeting. I believe the maximum that can be
allowed is to do the paper ballots earlier in the day and tally the
electronic votes a few hours after (but before the close of the meeting).

Dewole.