[Community-Discuss] Bylaws changes

Alan Barrett alan.barrett at afrinic.net
Mon Nov 14 06:45:54 UTC 2016

> On 13 Nov 2016, at 19:13, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:
>> If you are merely looking for diversity, then as I said in another message, experience and skill are also important and I believe that the voters are quite capable of making such decisions at election time, without being forced by the bylaws.
>
> Diversity and inclusiveness... as I dont think we luck experienced and skillful folk in each country or sub-region.

Thanks, Noah.

I do believe that it will usually be a good idea for the Directors to come from a diverse set of countries, so I intend to ask the Board to put that as a guideline for the next NomCom.  I will also ask the Board to ask the NomCom to consider other aspects of diversity.

I cannot see a plausible risk of capture from allowing more than one director per country, and I do not want to add unnecessary restrictions to the chiuces made by future voters, so I do not intend to propose that as a rule for the Bylaws.

Alan Barrett