[Community-Discuss] Bylaws changes

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Sun Nov 13 15:13:07 UTC 2016

On 13 Nov 2016 16:44, "Alan Barrett" <alan.barrett at afrinic.net> wrote:

> If you are merely looking for diversity, then as I said in another
message, experience and skill are also important and I believe that the
voters are quite capable of making such decisions at election time, without
being forced by the bylaws.

Diversity and inclusiveness... as I dont think we luck experienced and
skillful folk in each country or sub-region.

> In my opinion, directors should never “represent” sub-regions, countries,
or organisations; they merely reside in sub-regions or countries, and work
for organisations.  Once they are appointed or elected, they should act in
the best interests of AFRINIC as a whole, not in the narrow interests of
their employer, country, or sub-region.

Obviously but yet the norm is each sub-region, country or organisation will
have some folk nominated to represent that constituence during elections.

There is no doubt that their fundamental mandate is AFRINICs best interest
but diversity is key.

Noah