[Community-Discuss] Limit on the number of proxies

Alan Barrett alan.barrett at afrinic.net
Sun Nov 13 06:20:24 UTC 2016

> On 13 Nov 2016, at 09:56, Badru Ntege <badru.ntege at nftconsult.com> wrote:
> I think this can be brought to rest if we get a position from the Afrinic Legal council then subsequent legal discussion would be based on a fixed organisational position.

I have requested a clear statement from the Afrinic legal adviser.

However, I am more interested in learning what the members or community would like in the future.

Three obvious possibilities are:

* Remove the proxy limits;

* Keep the proxy limits, but modify the wording of the bylaws to ensure that the bylaws do not conflict with the Companies Act;

* Keep the bylaws unchanged, and deal with any legal challenges if they arise.

Alan Barrett