[Community-Discuss] IPv4 depletion in AFRINIC will speed up IPv6 adoption - myth or fact?

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Fri Nov 4 17:23:57 UTC 2016

We certainly do – organisations may well take internal policy positions that are different from their employee personal positions and they have to have a way to have those heard.

If anyone wants to check auth they can do so via the whois database if its doubted – I don’t think we need to formalize this at all.  Furthermore if anyone chooses to claim representation of an organisation that is false, the organisation would have direct recourse against that individual, so it would be a pretty stupid thing to do.

I don’t understand the point about conflict of interest – organisations have their views as individuals have their views and they are free to express them, where is the conflict?  If an individual has a different opinion from his organisation he is free to state that he is speaking in his personal capacity and the conflict of interest between his opinion and the opinion of the organisation can be dealt with by that organisation, it is not the job of AfriNIC to deal with it.

The PDP process already allows for *ANYONE* to participate, I happen to believe that includes organisations already and I don’t think we need anything changed to accommodate this.

Andrew