[Community-Discuss] post ipv4 depletion frauds, brokers activities

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Sun Jun 26 11:35:17 UTC 2016

On 25 Jun 2016, at 15:49, Andrew Alston wrote:

> Just need to point out, RPKI is a *choice*, and there could be many
> reasons for people NOT running RPKI, that go beyond just AfriNIC
> promoting it or not.

correct.  no-one is forcing anything on anyone, andrew  :-)

> I for one am not on that list of ASN’s, and I have zero plans to be
> on that list of ASN’s.  Not because I don’t know how to implement
> it, not because I can’t go and get it, but because I am
> fundamentally opposed to RPKI for various reasons.

i think my subtle point was missed ..
if it matters to you - and, if you’re going to complain about, the
poor adoption of RPKI/IPv6/DNSSEC/blah/, start first by implementing it
in your own network.

to paraphrase someone much wiser than i am:  “be the change, you want
to see in the network .. “

—n.