[Community-Discuss] AFRINIC Council of Elders

Boubakar Barry boubakarbarry at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 14:35:35 UTC 2016

I cannot count how many times this has been requested since Tunis in June
2015.

>From my understanding, Board and Secretariat are still working on editing
the minutes for community consumption.

Everyone can feel that there is an ambient suspicion about the Board
failing to address this issue of minutes for over one year.

It has been suggested that this is to preserve Mr. Badru Ntege’s dignity.
However, if I recall well, Badru himself requested the publishing of not
even the minutes only, but the transcripts of that Board meeting in
Mauritius.

Moreover, I think it would also be unfair for the Board to adopt redacted
minutes of a meeting in which some then Board members participated in but
are no longer in the Board, and some current Board members did not
participate in.

Therefore, wouldn’t it be wise for the Board to release the (unredacted)
minutes or even the transcripts in order to close this definitely so that
we can move on? It has the power to do so.

Boubakar