[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Resolution 201604.274 about Set-Up fees

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Sat Jul 16 19:26:26 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Noah,
>
> <Speaking as a resource member>
>
> As per existing policy, there are requirements that LIR and end-users must
> meet in order to be allocated new resource from AFRINIC. Staff would need
> to evaluate/assess whether such new allocation request meets those
> requirement. If you ask me, I would expect that those additional request
> evaluation would "in most of the times" take more staff resource than first
> allocation. The current fee structure ensures that such additional request
> is remunerated and it doesn't matter if it's LIR or end-user at that point
> as it's an additional request and would require staff resource. I don't
> think there would be justification to treat the 2 broad categories
> differently at that point.

Hi Seun

*I see your focus is on staff rather than the rationale of the difference
in fees schedules between LIR and EU and like i said, End Users pay
assignment fees and low membership fees while LIR's membership fees is
already high to cover such time and therefore there was no mistake being
corrected here. *

*PS:* And assignment is different from an allocation.

*PS:* Please take time to review what other RIR are doing so  that you can
understand where I am coming from.

So this argument of staff are over whelmed by an additional request from an
existing member doesn't hold. KPI's would dictate that it's their job.

An existing member would need to justify additional requirements and that
is it. In fact it's easier with an existing member I would imagine.

Please let us not make this about staff. That is what they are hired to do
and you are making it sound like it will be the end of their world.

I am sure staff would stick to "first come first serve". By the time an
existing member requests for a new additional allocation, they are already
operational and their business is running. So the ticket for such a request
would be queued and dealt with after attending to those who came 1st
obviously.

Regards