[Community-Discuss] AFRINIC Council of Elders

Marcus K. G. Adomey madomey at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 14 16:07:21 UTC 2016

Dear Owen,

> And once again, a vague unverifiable and thus unsubstantiated claim.

Are you saying that you have never seen any reminder on this mailing list because of unanswered question?

Well let me roll back your mind. On June 26, 2016 I sent a mail with the subject "Resolution 201604.274 about Set-Up fees‏" with specific questions (See below).

The chair promised to revert. Indeed, on Jul 8, 2016 in a mail with subject “AFRINIC - Matters Arising” he reverted with a "philosophical lecture" which did not answer questions in my email. On July 11, 2016, I responded to that email and reminded him of the questions. Till now pointed it out, none of those questions have been answered. And you say there is no unsubstantiated claim here?

With all due respect, it seems to me that you are having challenges following the threads of the mails. Moreso your two sentences (below) are showing illogical connection (make a claim and disprove it with one’s own arguments).

> And once again, a vague unverifiable and thus unsubstantiated claim. > There have been so many questions, some relevant, some not so relevant over the past unspecified time, some answered, some not, so it is impossible to determine which questions, exactly, you feel have not been adequately answered.
We need a break with this discourse which has the purpose to shield the board from being accountable for their stewardship to the community. Are you saying the Board only need to reach out to the Community when elections are due and turn around to say the Board can do as we wish?

Cheers!!!

Marcus

From: owen at delong.com
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 07:18:32 -0700
To: community-discuss at afrinic.net
Subject: Re: [Community-Discuss] AFRINIC Council of Elders

On Jul 14, 2016, at 00:20 , Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

On 14 Jul 2016 10:16, "Owen DeLong" <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> Do you have any such specific references? Can you repeat any specific questions which have not been adequately answered?

>Refer to all the reminders you will see from on the mailing lists..
And once again, a vague unverifiable and thus unsubstantiated claim.
There have been so many questions, some relevant, some not so relevant over the past unspecified time, some answered, some not, so it is impossible to determine which questions, exactly, you feel have not been adequately answered.
Again, I call on you to actually provide specifics or recognize that your subjective and unverifiable claims are nothing more than unsubstantiated grousing which is of no use to the community.