[Community-Discuss] Unanswered Questions (was Re: AFRINIC Council of Elders)

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Thu Jul 14 09:59:08 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 12:38 PM, Mike Silber <silber.mike at gmail.com> wrote:

> Noah

Hi Mike,

> I really don’t want to get embroiled in the debate on the initial topic -
> hence the subject change.
>
> You raise a very important issue, that in your view the Board and the
> executive have not responded to (seemingly) several questions and queries
> put to them. If you are going to be taken seriously: then please go to the
> effort of pulling out the specific questions you believe have not been
> answered. A vague reference to reminders really does not take this forward.

Yes I agree and I have clearly uprooted some of the questions which had not
been vividly answered and as I write, I have read some responses from the
CEO this far.

> As we have seen on the fees question: some questions raised were in fact
> answered, however it seems that the answers were not seen or were not
> deemed adequate (and some questions considered as so arithmetically obvious
> as not warranting a response).

Yes and i dont disagree that there was no response.  The CEO just responded
to some in his earlier feedback to me regarding some of those questions and
am so far happy but I will give more feedback.

> I don’t have any outstanding questions, so I cannot comment of how many
> questions remain unanswered and what is their content.
>
> However I will support your request for answers 100% if you can please do
> the exercise of identifying what questions remain unanswered.

Thank you and I have done that less i get accused of making unnecessary
unfounded noise.

> I would also suggest that someone create a tracking list. This could be a
> community member. Put it in a collaboration tool like Google docs and let
> people add questions and then add the answers as they come up on this list.
> It should not be  replacement for this list but purely a tracking tool -
> unless others thing differently.

This is a good suggestion and in fact I care to always note some of them as
I believe each question regardless of its weight in important.

In fact this would clear the air else we end up thinking issues are being
swept under the carpet or deliberately ignored.

> That way we can avoid this debate of what has been asked and what has been
> answered and actually have a way of tracking the issue.

100% agree.

> Thoughts, comments most welcome.
>

> Mike

Cheers,