[Community-Discuss] AFRINIC Council of Elders

Arnaud AMELINA amelnaud at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 11:53:38 UTC 2016

we can't solve everything in constitution.  We will need Implementation
guidelines, policies etc... and if there is still residual confusion,
consensus approach shall prevail

Regards

Le 13 juil. 2016 10:25, "Nishal Goburdhan" <nishal at controlfreak.co.za> a
écrit :

> On 13 Jul 2016, at 11:30, Marcus K. G. Adomey wrote:
>

>> The consequence of this delay of a year is in bad taste which does not
build trust. Moreover, this delay has also generated on this mailing list
some unpleasant acrobatic interpretations of the section 16.1 of the bylaw,
which understanding is obvious.

> again, you imply one thing, when the truth is another.  there is rarely
“obvious” understanding, and this discussion should have proven that.
> * there is that, which the text (bylaws) says, and needs to be read
literally
> * there is clearly disagreement on what this written text means to some
> * there is scope for improvement of the text
>
> or, perhaps not?  perhaps it’s literal enough to mean, exactly what it
says?  as a step moving forward, it would be useful, if, those that think
that this text needs to be changed, submit new text  (like some of the
really good proposals that this list has already seen!).