[Community-Discuss] [rpd] Accountability assessment

ALAIN AINA aalain at trstech.net
Thu Jul 7 21:27:22 UTC 2016

Hello SM

 I beg. Lets stop this discussion about to whom AFRINIC belong to, playing with “members" and "non members", invoking RSA and AFRINIC Ltd, etc….
We have come a long way to this community driven organisation which role is to serve the AFRICAN Internet  community by distributing numbers ressources and beyond.  Like other RIRs, the AfriNIC organisational structure has been set to encourage a bottom-up self governance management model in which community in general, members, the Board of Directors elected by these members have a  role and a say.

I would invite all of us to read :

- The 1997  AFRINIC proposal
https://www.isoc.org/inet97/ans97/afrinic.htm

- The IANA report on AFRNIC accreditation
https://www.iana.org/reports/2005/afrinic-report-08apr2005.html

- AFRINIC vision, mission, cores values and success factors
http://www.afrinic.net/en/about/origins

I  would also suggest that we plan a session on AFRINIC History during AFRINC-25  like we had AF* history  at AIS2016

Hope this helps

—Alain