[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] AFRINIC Update 23rd November 2015

Badru Ntege badru.ntege at nftconsult.com
Mon Nov 23 12:10:31 UTC 2015

Andrew

 Lastly, Badru, you make reference to 3 days instead of 14 days.  I point out that the notice of the SGMM was published on the 20th of November 2014, for an SGMM that is scheduled for the 3rd of December.  By my calculations, 3 days would mean that the SGMM is on the 23rd of November, so you seem to have misplaced 11 days.  Hence, while you refer to a section in the bylaws that references ANNUAL general meetings, rather that SPECIAL general meetings, if you choose to conflate the two (and there is reason within the companies act why you should not do that), even under these circumstances the timelines have been met.

Allow me to quote from the bylaws

d) the nature of the business to be transacted at the Annual General Members’ Meeting in sufficient detail to enable a Member to form a reasoned judgment in relation to it; and………

So the above happened 3 days to the event.   Thus my point about subjectivity.  To board what was released on 20th November covered (d) above.

To most reasonable people it did not.  Totally depends on how you see your  mandate to the community you were elected to serve.  And if at all the community matters to you.

Regards

BN