[Community-Discuss] AFRINIC Update 23rd November 2015

Sunday Folayan sunday.folayan at afrinic.net
Mon Nov 23 08:08:20 UTC 2015

*

Dear Members,

Permit me to update you on some important issues regarding our
organization.

1. Audit Report

The Board will meet on Tuesday 24th November 2015 to approve the Audit
Report. It will be released to the Community, preparatory to our SGMM in
Point Noire. Sincere Apologies from the Board that we will not be
releasing the report before that date.

2. Governance Committee

As requested by members, GC will be discussed in Point Noire. Due to
work pressure on Management, the task of synthesizing the various views
and discussions so far on the subject, has only recently been completed.
The CEO has provided the Board with a revised draft of the Governance
Committee Terms of Reference, and the Board expects to make it public
within the next week.

3. Point Noire Meeting

Preparatory to our meeting in Point Noire, *t*he Notice of Meeting and
t*he *Agenda has already been circulated to:

*

* Resource Members* Registered Members

* Associate Members

* Company Secretary* Auditor

*

*I*t is important to remind us all, that terror has really taken hold of
the world, and fear is the major merchandize being peddled by these
terrorists. The global media is also not helping matters with the way
these are graphically relayed all over the world.

The recent bombing in Paris has further underscored the fact that there
is no safe place in the world. We just must all be courageous to live
our lives.

*AFRINIC has commissioned a site assessment from a reputable security
company, and their report is available at
<https://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-23/en/travel-kit/security-assessment>.****The
Board is exploring ways and measures to make us all safe during the
meeting.*

Please do come to the meeting in Point Noire, but by all means if you
cannot come, please make sure you participate remotely.

Sincerely,

Sunday Folayan

Chair, AFRINIC Board *