[members-discuss] AFRINIC expenses

Ish Sookun ish.sookun at lasentinelle.mu
Wed Sep 14 16:11:24 UTC 2022

Hi Paul,

On 14/09/2022 19:16, Paul Wollner wrote:
> Dear AFRINIC,
>
> As member, I am very concerned that AFRINIC have been paying multiple
> members’ flight tickets to Manutius in past few weeks, as well as some
> huge sponsorship expenses that far exceeds normal operation budget.
>
> It seems that AFRINIC lawyers are still acting in court while there is
> no quorum board to give instructions, hence acting illegally.
>
> Since AFRINIC does not have a board since 15th of June, can the current
> financial department confirm the following:
>
>    1. The AFRINIC expense account since 15th June 2022 till today.
>    2. Who authorises those payment to A. Members’ flight tickets B.
> Legal fees C. Multiple activities including sponsorship that are clearly
> outside of normal operation activity.
>
> Me as a member, as well as my fellow members, have the right to know.
>
> Please respond within 24 hours.

Just thinking.

If neither the AFRINIC CEO nor the Board is currently allowed to attend
to AFRINIC matters, then who will respond to these queiries within 24
hours? IMO even AFRINIC Comms will require management approval before
responding to financial queries. Am I getting this right?

Ish Sookun

Systems Architect
La Sentinelle Ltd

T: 2068200