[AFRINIC-Announce] Webinar Invitation - Deploy IPv6 to end nodes in Enterprises

AFRINIC Communication comm-announce at afrinic.net
Tue Dec 3 06:25:08 UTC 2019

Dear colleagues,
We are running out of IPv4 rapidly, and it is high time we deploy IPv6 in our networks before we are forced to by reality.

A very critical part of these networks consists of end nodes with various operating systems(Android, MACOS, Linux...)
Deploying IPv6 in this type of environment should factor in all the different operating systems and their different default behaviour.

In this webinar, we are going to look at how an enterprise network can deploy IPv6 to end nodes covering factors that need to be considered in various environments.
Below are the detailed objectives.

Outline the steps an enterprise network needs to take, to be IPv6 ready
Explain IPv6 Neighbor discovery
Understand and configure SLAAC, Stateful and Stateless DHCPv6
Outline various deployment scenarios and advise which provisioning technique to use
Describe IPv6 security considerations for end nodes
Date: 5th December 2019

Time: 16:30 GST (Mauritius, Seychelles)
- 12:30 UTC (Ghana, Cote D'Ivoire)
- 13:30 WAT (Nigeria, Cameroon)
- 15:30 EAT (Kenya, Uganda)
- 14:30 SAST (South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Eswatini)
This webinar will be in English, as usual, a French version will be organised later.

Register at: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/5415686260274/WN_G5YBs5K0SHSYUAh_Sx2wlw <https://zoom.us/webinar/register/5415686260274/WN_G5YBs5K0SHSYUAh_Sx2wlw> to secure your seat - first come first in basis.