[AFRINIC-announce] AFRINIC launches four-day training course in Mauritius

Babusha Radhakissoon babusha at afrinic.net
Mon Oct 29 14:33:40 SAST 2012

*Cybercity, Ebene, Mauritius, 29 October 2012 - *The African Network
Information Centre (AFRINIC) in collaboration with the Mauritius
National Computer Board (NCB) today launched a four-day (29 October -- 1
November) training course for Network engineers from Government and
Regulatory Bodies, Internet Service providers and Mobile Operators. The
training programme will focus mainly on IPv6 and Internet Numbers
Resources Management.
**
The training is carried out under the auspices of AFRINICS's capacity
building programme aimed at enhancing the knowledge and skills base
across Africa to handle opportunities and challenges occasioned by
technology and Internet developments. The training held at AFRINICS's
headquarters in Cybercity, Ebene, is conducted by AFRINICS's training team.
In line with its capacity building strategy, AFRINICS has designed
training programme to help Network Operators in the African region to
better manage Internet Numbers resources and better plan IPv6
transition. "/In addition to our tailored training programmes, AFRINIC
launched an IPv6 virtual lab in 2009 to widely support the community in
hands-on training for IPv6 deployment,/" says Adiel Akplogan, the Chief
Executive Officer of AFRINIC.

Officially launching the training, the Minister of ICT, Mr Tassarajen
Chedumbrum Pillay commended the training programme for its relevance in
future Internet growth. "/IPv6 is not a myth but a reality and we have
to act now. AFRINIC is the responsible steward for IPv6 deployment in
the African Region/".
As a leading organisation in the African continent in terms of the IP
technology usage and development, AFRINIC plays a catalytic role in
Africa's adoption of good practices that allow sustainable Internet
development.

--
Ms. Babusha Radhakissoon                   Tel:   +230 403 51 00
PR and Marketing Assistant, AFRINIC        Fax:   +230 466 67 58